If you’ve been looking for ways to drive traffic to your blog, you may have come across some techniques that could take months or even years before you see any real results.
Many of us need strategies that work much more quickly than that.
No one has time to wait around for months or years to see any traffic and, subsequently, an increase in revenue. So, if you want hard-hitting techniques that get you results sooner rather than later, keep reading to see how you can get people to your blog quickly and fairly easily.
Here are four ways to drive traffic to your blog in little to no time.
1. Create More Content
The more content your site has, the better it will rank on search engines. That’s why it’s important to create content not only consistently but also in larger amounts. But, make sure that the content you’re creating is interesting and informational; make sure it provides some sort of value to the reader. Otherwise, it won’t be well-received, and you might end up beefing it up and improving it anyway somewhere down the road.
There’s no hard and fast rule for how much content any one person or company should be creating, but aim for at least two blog posts per week – and try your best to do it better than your competitors.
Creating more long-form content can also help your search engine ranking. That means that you’ll need to cover topics in depth and get your posts up to at least 2,000 words.
2. Promote Your Content on Social Media
What good is creating content if no one gets to see it?
So many businesses make the mistake of creating content without promoting it, hoping that somehow people might still make it to their website or blog. Creating the content is only half the battle. In order to see real traffic, you must promote that content across multiple social media channels. When it comes to content marketing on social media, there are several channels to choose from, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and, of course, Instagram.
Find the channels you think you’d be most successful on and focus on those. By being on every popular social media site, you may spread yourself a little too thin.
3. Use White Hat SEO Techniques
White Hat SEO techniques are top-of-the-industry tools for driving traffic to your blog. By using the best SEO practices out there, you can easily and quickly drive traffic to your blog. Some of the best SEO practices for 2019 include:
- Using Google Search Console: Google Search Console allows you to provide Google with an exact description of how you want your search results to look for your site. It can also tell you which keywords people used to find your site, as well as any problems that need to be fixed.
- Using shorter URLs: According to online SEO, marketing, and e-commerce expert Alejandro Rioja, studies have confirmed that shorter permalinks can help you rank more highly. (If you’re using WordPress, you have the option of creating a shorter URL by using the page settings panel on the right side of the screen.)
- Optimizing images: Renaming your image files can give Google a better idea of what your site is about. Make sure to use keywords in your image file names and in the alt tag of each image before publication.
- Linking to other articles: Linking both internally (to other articles on your site) and externally (to other sites) can give you a boost in ranking. So, when you’re creating content, try to link to at least three external sources and one other article on your site (but don’t overdo it either).
- Optimizing page titles: Creating meta titles for every page of your site and every blog post featuring researched keywords can help you optimize your entire site, as well as help Google bring people to your site faster. Using numbers in your titles (“10 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog”) and words like “guide” or “simple” (“The Ultimate Guide to Boosting Blog Traffic”) can also help boost your blog’s ranking on search engines.
- Creating meta descriptions: Creating meta descriptions is just as important as creating meta titles. Write a clear, concise synopsis of what each blog post is about, but make sure it’s appealing. Also, be sure your meta descriptions contain the keywords you want to rank for.
- Speeding up your site: Page speed is a ranking factor, Google admitted, so if you want to rank more highly, you need to optimize your site for speed. Consider using something like WP Engine for lighting quick speeds.
4. Guest Publish on Other Sites
Guest posting on other sites that align with your industry and business goals can immensely help you improve your online reputation and drive traffic to your website.
Create content that people respond to naturally, and find multiple sites to link back to your blog. But, don’t publish just for the sake of getting a link back to your site, and don’t try to post your content everywhere. That tactic only hurts your other traffic-driving efforts. Only publish on reputable sites that clearly get the kind of traffic you want to get.
Your primary goal is to be seen as an industry leader – a subject matter expert in your ideal customer’s mind. Once you publish your content on several reputable, high-traffic sites, you should see a massive boost to your online reputation almost immediately, as well as an influx of new and relevant traffic.
With the above in mind, you can drive traffic to your blog in weeks instead of months, helping you increase revenue and improve your online reputation.
If you need help crafting the perfect content strategy for your blog, reach out to us at [email protected] or share your ideas in the comments section below.